- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 15 oz. veal chop
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 3 T. clarified butter
- 3 ounces arugula (about 2 handfuls)
- 1 ounce julienned red onion
- 1 ounce grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- Egg Batter
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Butterfly the veal chop and pound it between plastic wrap. The flatter the veal, the faster it will cook.
- Place the veal into the batter and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Dredge the veal in breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Heat the clarified butter in a saute pan on medium high heat.
- Shake the veal to remove any loose crumbs and gently place it in the pan.
- Brown the veal for 2 minutes on each side, then place it on oven proof platter and finish in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While that's cooking,place the arugula in a bowl. Add the onions and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and cut the lemon in half lengthwise, squeezing both halves over the arugula mixture. Toss well.
- Place the arugula salad on top of the veal and serve.
- Egg Batter Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 2 leaves sage
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- Mix all together in a bowl and beat until smooth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Short & SweetSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More