¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
4 veal cutlets or chops
½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon oregano
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 slices Mozzarella cheese
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1. In a pie plate, mix the flour, salt, and pepper; dredge the cutlets in the flour mixture.
2. In another pie plate, combine the crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano.
3. Dip the cutlets in the beaten egg then in the crumb mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the cutlets slowly on both sides. Remove the cutlets from the skillet.
5. Add the garlic to the pan juices and sauté a few minutes.
6. Return the cutlets to the skillet and place a slice of Mozzarella cheese on top of each cutlet. Pour the tomato sauce over the cutlets and simmer about 30 minutes or until done.