- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Veal or Chicken, sliced about 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp sweet paprika
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TB Olive oil
- 3 TB Butter
- 3 TB Pinot Grigio
- 1 TB Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Optional - 1 Lemon, thinly sliced (garnish)
- Mix Flour, salt pepper and paprika together on a plate
- Pound veal between 2 sheets of waxed paper until they are about 1/8 inch thick.
- Dry Scaloppine with paper towels, then dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat 1 TB oil and 1 TB butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter and oil are sizzling, brown veal slices, a few at a time, on both sides.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add oil between batches as needed.
- When veal is browned, remove to a plate and tent.
- When all veal has been browned remove skillet from heat and add wine and any remaining butter, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add Parsley and return to reduced heat; cooking till slightly thickened; about 5 minutes
- Plate veal and spoon pan sauce over.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
NotesSomewhat of a controversy, at least in the US where crating is still practiced, this works equally well with chicken breast cutlets. Add lemon juice and capers to the pan sauce and you have Veal or Chicken Piccata. I was out of parsley when I made this... oops..
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
NFPG Recipe Collection
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More