- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box BOCA Italian Sausage (you can also use the smoked sausage)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/2 oz.) Northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery depending on size
- 2-3 medium carrots depending on size
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1. Cut up the sausage into slices.
- 2. Compile all the ingredients into a big pot and bring to a boil.
- 3. Put a lid on the pot, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4. Let it all simmer for 15 minutes or more depending on how soft you want your vegetables.
NotesI got the recipe from Boca cause I was getting tired of microwavable food and viola! Tastiness. I have had more than one non-vegetarian tell me it's good so make it for your friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More