- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box BOCA Italian Sausage (you can also use the smoked sausage)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/2 oz.) Northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery depending on size
- 2-3 medium carrots depending on size
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1. Cut up the sausage into slices.
- 2. Compile all the ingredients into a big pot and bring to a boil.
- 3. Put a lid on the pot, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4. Let it all simmer for 15 minutes or more depending on how soft you want your vegetables.
NotesI got the recipe from Boca cause I was getting tired of microwavable food and viola! Tastiness. I have had more than one non-vegetarian tell me it's good so make it for your friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More