VEG-SAUSAGE, BEENS AND BARLEY STEW
- 1 box BOCA Italian Sausage (you can also use the smoked sausage)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/2 oz.) Northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery depending on size
- 2-3 medium carrots depending on size
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1. Cut up the sausage into slices.
2. Compile all the ingredients into a big pot and bring to a boil.
3. Put a lid on the pot, then reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Let it all simmer for 15 minutes or more depending on how soft you want your vegetables.