- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 c. raw almonds
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 c. raw cacao powder, plus extra for coating
- 2 t. coconut oil
- 3 T. or to taste raw agave nectar
- 2 t. chia seeds
- 2 t. flax powder
- 1/4 c. water
- Pink Himalayan salt for garnish
- Prep: Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Prepare bowls of pink salt and extra cacao powder for garnishing the truffles.
- In a food processor, chop almonds into a flour.
- Blend in Medjool dates until incorporated.
- Combine all ingredients with date-almond flour in a large bowl. (If coconut oil is solid, melt it first!) Dough will be very stiff so use a strong wooden spoon or spatula.
- Roll dough into Tablespoon-sized balls with your hands then roll in bowl of raw cacao powder to coat, dunk one side in the pink salt and place on papered cookie sheet.
- Store in fridge for at least an hour before serving or packaging. Keeps for 3 days.
NotesA special treat for my boyfriend who is a total health nut but can't help his love for sweets!