- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 2 cups home made raw cashew milk
- 1 overfilled cup of stewed organic apples or unsweetened pure organic applesauce
- 3 Tbsp agave, or more to taste
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 Tbsp non GM lecithin (optional)
- Throw everything in your blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Add in some more sweetener to taste, and if you want a creamier smoothie, put in some non GM lecithin. But I don’t think it needs it. ENJOY!
NotesThis is my vegan, gluten-free “apple pie in a glass”. I don’t really know how to do this smoothie justice, except to say that it is absolutely scrumdidiliumptious! This smoothie is absolutely fantastic! This blend captures everything I love about a great piece of apple pie – the creamy, buttery apples with just a hint of sweetness, and cinnamon. Who doesn’t love a hot slice of steaming apple pie on a cold Winter’s night? This smoothie satisfies the need for a slice of apple pie, without having to bake. I don’t like sugary, sickly-sweet, syrupy apple pies. I have always thought it detracted from the natural beauty and sweetness of the apple. So, in the spirit of replicating my perfect bite of apple pie, I have held back on the sweetener, in order to let these apples shine. The cashew milk adds that much needed hint of a nutty pastry flavor, and the cinnamon and vanilla perfect the blend. This apple pie smoothie bore some pretty sweet fruit. I quickly stewed some apples in a saucepan for 5 minutes with some filtered water. But you could easily throw in some unsweetened organic applesauce. YUMMO!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More