- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup + 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup wheat bran cereal (All Bran)
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 apple, finely chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 1/2 cup soy, almond, or oat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (olive oil will work also)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small blow, stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, wheat bran, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the apples, milk, water, oil, and bananas. Stir together gently until “just mixed.” Spoon into lightly oiled (or parchment lined) muffin tins. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (or 15-18 if using a wax paper lining) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More