- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup + 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup wheat bran cereal (All Bran)
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 apple, finely chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 1/2 cup soy, almond, or oat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (olive oil will work also)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small blow, stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, wheat bran, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the apples, milk, water, oil, and bananas. Stir together gently until “just mixed.” Spoon into lightly oiled (or parchment lined) muffin tins. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (or 15-18 if using a wax paper lining) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
The Italian Exchange
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More