Vegan Bleu Cheese
14 oz extra firm tofu, pressed
6 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Press your tofu (if you don't have a tofu press, wrap tofu in a generous amount of paper towels and set on a plate. Put another plate on top and something weighted on top of that to "press" out of the excess water from the tofu)
2. Let tofu set for about 30 minutes.
3. While Tofu is pressing, whisk together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
4. After tofu is removed of the excess water, cut into bit-sized pieces and place in the mixture.
5. Mix to combine.
6. Set in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Pairs Well With
This is another cheese recipe that you can add to so many things to add a versatile tangy flavor. You can see how I used it in the recipe for my "Jordon's Buffalo Dip" from the Indianapolis episode of my web series (video link above). Great recipe to make, put in the fridge and pull out when you need toppings for a salad or a wrap. So many options!
What did YOU use it for? Show and tell with me @theveganroadie on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter. #kaledit