- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups broccoli slaw or finely julienned broccoli stalks
- 2 cups mung been shoots
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and julienned
- 2 cups (2 bunches) fresh cilantro / coriander chopped finely
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced finely
- To make the dressing:
- just over 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp cold pressed sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp wheat-free tamari
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced serrano chilli depending on the heat
- 3 - 4 tsp freshly minced garlic
- Toss all of the vegetables together with the cilantro.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients except the chilli and garlic in your blender and pulse a few times until well combined.
- Then stir in the garlic and chilli.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and season to taste.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped raw nuts if desired. YUM!
NotesThis zesty carrot, broccoli and bean shoot salad fits the piggy bill, with a well coated mix of carrots, broccoli, cucumber and bean shoots that creates a crunchy tangy taste sensation that is perfect for those Summer barbecues we all look back on fondly once the warm weather has long gone and the Winter chill sets in. What I love about salads is that they are so simple; and offer infinite possibilities for allergy-friendly meals the whole family can enjoy. You can dress this salad up with some chopped raw nuts and seeds. But as this recipe stands, it is a fantastic vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free and nut-free salad that keeps me in love with raw vegetables.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More