Vegan Carrot Cake
"vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, healthy"Serves 8 | Prep Time 15-20 minutes | Cook Time 40 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
It's healthy and delicious
Ingredients You'll Need
-2 1/2 cups Spelt Flour
-1 tsp Baking Soda
-1 tsp Salt
-3 tsp Baking Powder
-2 tbsp Cinnamon
-1/2 cup Apple Sauce
-1 cup any Dairy-free Milk ( almond, soy...)
-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
-1/2 cup Coconut Oil
-1/2 cup Coconut Sugar ( *or brown sugar)
-2 cups Finely Grated Carrots
-1 cup Chopped Walnuts (*optional)
-1 cup Powdered Sugar
-25 g Vegan Butter
-3 tbsp Dairy-free Milk
-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
-2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
-4 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F. Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In one bowl mix all dry ingredients, and in other mix all wet ingredients. When you mix everything slowly fold dry mix into the wet mix. Combine everything well.
- Add 2 cups of carrots. Whisk together until well combined.
- And after that add 1 cup of walnuts. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour carrot cake batter into the loaf pan and even out the top with the spatula. Bake for 30-40 minutes. (*mine took 40 minutes)
- Remove cake from oven and leave it to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the loaf and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- In one bowl put powdered sugar, vegan butter and dairy-free milk. Combine well with mixer.
- Add vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. mix everything well.
- Once carrot cake is cool, ice cake with icing and garnish with optional walnuts or pecans.