- Cooking Time: 8-12 minutes
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 10 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (vegan)
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, sift or mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the the chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar and oil very well.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the well in the dry ingredients.
- Mix, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Spoon 1 TBSP balls of the dough onto cookie sheets lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper, leaving about 2 inches between each ball.
- Bake 8-12 minutes.
- The cookies are done when they seem a little bit softer then you want them to be; they will harden up some as they cool.
NotesThese cookies are delicious. Vegans and non-vegans alike will love them. The cinnamon adds a delightful "melt-in-your-mouth" impression. I decided to make these so that my vegan roommate and I could enjoy these together.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More