VEGAN CREAM OF SPINACH SOUP
Vegan Cream of Spinach Soup
- Cooking Time: 20 - 25 mins
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 2 cups raw organic fresh spinach
- 1 cup organic zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped red onions (about 1 medium onion)
- 1/4 cup scallions/green onions – (about 6)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a handful)
- 1/4 cup celery (1 large stalk)
- 4 cups strong vegetable broth
- 1 whole roasted garlic bulb
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup raw cashews
- dash of fresh lemon juice to taste
- Celtic sea salt to taste
Place the garlic whole in the oven on about 400 for about 30 minutes until soft and roasted.
In a saucepan saute onions and scallions with a pinch of celtic sea salt to bring out the sweetness until translucent.
Add in spinach, celery, zucchini and parsley and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add in stock and squeeze in roasted garlic pulp and bring to the boil.
Simmer for about 20 minutes until the veggies are cooked through.
Allow to cool slightly and then puree in the blender with the cashews and return to the stove to warm and serve.
Serve sprinkled with parsley and a grain ball. YUM!