- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was adapted from the golden cupcake recipe in "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the Earth."
Check out nataliecakes.wordpress.com for more vegan and non-vegan cupcake recipes!
- For the fluffy vegan buttercream you will need:
- 1/2 C. Non-Hydrogenated Shortening
- 1/2 C. Non-Hydrogenated Margarine
- 3 1/2 C. Confectioners’ Sugar, sifted if clumpy
- 1 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 C. Plain Soymilk or Soy Creamer
- Beat shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add vanilla and soymilk, beat for another 5 to 7 minutes or so until fluffy.
- I set aside about 1 cup of the frosting, because this recipe makes about 4 cups, and added to it a few drops of orange oil and some orange food coloring.
- Then I filled each cupcake with some orange frosting, using a pastry bag fitted with a straight tip.
- Reserve the rest for decoration.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream however you like, with a spatula or by piping and then decorate with the orange frosting, which will not only look cute, but will add a pop of orange flavor to each bite.