- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the fluffy vegan buttercream you will need:
- 1/2 C. Non-Hydrogenated Shortening
- 1/2 C. Non-Hydrogenated Margarine
- 3 1/2 C. Confectioners’ Sugar, sifted if clumpy
- 1 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 C. Plain Soymilk or Soy Creamer
- Beat shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add vanilla and soymilk, beat for another 5 to 7 minutes or so until fluffy.
- I set aside about 1 cup of the frosting, because this recipe makes about 4 cups, and added to it a few drops of orange oil and some orange food coloring.
- Then I filled each cupcake with some orange frosting, using a pastry bag fitted with a straight tip.
- Reserve the rest for decoration.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream however you like, with a spatula or by piping and then decorate with the orange frosting, which will not only look cute, but will add a pop of orange flavor to each bite.
NotesThis recipe was adapted from the golden cupcake recipe in "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the Earth."
Check out nataliecakes.wordpress.com for more vegan and non-vegan cupcake recipes!