Vegan Creamcicle Cupcakes
For the cupcakes you will need:
1 cup soymilk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbs cornstarch
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup margarine (use Earth Balance for best results, and to avoid hydrogenated oils)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pure orange extract or orange oil (oil is going to bring a stronger orange flavor)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with papers. I used orange papers from Confectionery House.
2. Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar and set aside until it curdles.
3. Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl and mix.
4. In a separate large bowl, beat together the margarine and sugar for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy, be careful not to over-beat or the margarine will melt. Beat in orange and vanilla extracts, then alternate between flour mixture and soy ilk mixture, beating until no large lumps remain.
5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.