- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the cupcakes you will need:
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup margarine (use Earth Balance for best results, and to avoid hydrogenated oils)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure orange extract or orange oil (oil is going to bring a stronger orange flavor)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with papers. I used orange papers from Confectionery House.
- 2. Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar and set aside until it curdles.
- 3. Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl and mix.
- 4. In a separate large bowl, beat together the margarine and sugar for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy, be careful not to over-beat or the margarine will melt. Beat in orange and vanilla extracts, then alternate between flour mixture and soy ilk mixture, beating until no large lumps remain.
- 5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- 6. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More