VEGAN LEMON ASPARAGUS SOUP
Vegan Lemon Asparagus Soup
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- a few Tablespoons of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large organic leeks washed thoroughly and thinly sliced
- 5 large organic red skinned potatoes scrubbed and not peeled and rustically chopped.
- 750gms organic asparagus trimmed and chopped.
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 -2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- juice of 2 lemons – or more to taste
- Nutmeg to serve
Sautee the leeks in oil until soft and translucent.
Add the potatoes and the stock, and simmer until the potato is tender, and cooked through.
Add in the asparagus, and just blanch for only a couple of minutes until just tender. Be careful not to over cook them.
We want to preserve the vibrant green colour, and nutritional value. Allow the soup to cool slightly.
Then blend thoroughly, until smooth and creamy, Return to the stove, and reheat.
Season with Celtic sea salt, and then pour in the fresh lemon juice gradually – tasting periodically until you achieve your perfect blend.
The soup is best if it is really lemony. It has a tangy zing and tastes alive and really heightens the natural flavour of the asparagus.
Season with nutmeg and serve with an extra lemon wedge. YUM!
Don’t be afraid to make this soup really, really lemony. “She is a friendly tart”. You won’t be sorry. YUMMO!