- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- For the cupcakes you will need:
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350, line pans with paper liners. Whisk together soy milk and vinegar in large bowl and set aside to curdle.
- Beat together soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, almond and lemon extracts. I
- n a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients until no large lumps remain.
- Mix in lemon zest.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 20-22 minutes.
NotesThis recipe makes two dozen cupcakes, more than I usually make at once but I'm making a dozen for Filter Cafe's last week end and a dozen to decorate as monsters for a friends party. So if you only need a dozen, half this recipe- duh. You'll still have a crap load of frosting, but if you like to pile it on you'll be glad.