- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- For the cupcakes you will need:
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350, line pans with paper liners. Whisk together soy milk and vinegar in large bowl and set aside to curdle.
- Beat together soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, almond and lemon extracts. I
- n a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients until no large lumps remain.
- Mix in lemon zest.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 20-22 minutes.
NotesThis recipe makes two dozen cupcakes, more than I usually make at once but I'm making a dozen for Filter Cafe's last week end and a dozen to decorate as monsters for a friends party. So if you only need a dozen, half this recipe- duh. You'll still have a crap load of frosting, but if you like to pile it on you'll be glad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More