- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe original recipe is from vegweb.com, although it needed quite a few changes. It makes a ton-could serve at least 5 with medium portions but it halves well too. It also keeps well for a week.
- 1 1/2 cups of plain soymilk
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 t (or more depending on your taste) cayenne
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1/2 T onion powder
- 1 t. salt (add more to taste later, if necessary)
- 3/4 block silken tofu
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs of pasta of your choice preferably macaroni
- a relatively large baking pan (like a brownie pan- I used my 33x23x5 cm Pyrex)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta. Drain and put pasta in baking pan
- Blend all ingredients except pasta still smooth
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta.
- Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy about 15 minutes (Keep an eye on it-alot of people on vegweb cooked their's for much longer, but 15 minutes was all I needed.