VEGAN MEAT LOAF
Vegan Meat Loaf
- substitute for 2 eggs (I use EnerG egg replacer)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 box medium firm silken tofu (350 g)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 T Cajun spice mix (1 for tofu mix, 1 for veg saute)
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 vegetable bouillon mixed with hot water to make a paste
- 1 T oil (coconut or canola)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano and basil
- 1 T minced garlic
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs ( I used panko because I was out of regular and it worked well)
- 1 cup burger-style crumbles or rehydrated TVP
Mix egg substitute, soy sauce, tofu, onion powder and 1 T cajun spice, mix together in blender. Add walnuts & blend until smooth.
Saute vegetables until onions are transparent (add other diced veggies if you wish - ie peppers, carrots etc). Add herbs/spices, garlic and bouillon paste while vegetables are frying.
Mix blender ingredients, cooked vegetables, bread crumbs and TVP/Crumbles together in a large bowl.
Press into a greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Let cool . Loaf tends to be a little bit soft, I'm still experimenting with cooking time.