- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4 cups
- Preparation Time: 20
- o 3 c vegetable stock
- o 2 T arrowroot powder or flour
- o 1 T olive oil
- o 1 small onion, minced
- o 2 cloves garlic, minced
- o 2 c crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- o 1 t dried thyme
- o 1 t salt
- o black pepper
- o ½ c dry white wine
- o 3 T soy sauce
- o ¼ c nutritional yeast
- o ¼ c soy milk
- Whisk together vegetable stock and arrowroot powder until dissolved, and set aside.
- Heat oil, add onions and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and vegetable broth, bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in nutritional yeast until it dissolves, then whisk in soy milk for a minute.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
NotesI found this recipe online at the veggietable.com when I was trying to find vegan friendly thanksgiving dishes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More