- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 90
- 1 20-ounce package natural vanilla or chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mint extract
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
- Peppermint sprinkles
- Break the cookies into pieces and then run them through a food processor or blender until they turn into a fine powder. You may have to do this in two or three batches. Transfer the powdered cookies to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine one half of the cream cheese with the mint extract. Mix well with a spoon or rubber spatula. Add to the powdered cookies. Mix well with an electric mixer (or in your standing mixture) and use your hands if necessary in order to form a solid dough. You may need to add more vegan cream cheese if the dough is too dry.
- Roll the dough into small rounds, then place on a cookie sheet and let cool in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler method with as little heat as possible. You want the chocolate to stay melted but you don't want to burn it or yourself!
- Remove the balls from the refrigerator and roll them in the melted chocolate. I used a fork and a spoon for this. It worked just fine for me. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the peppermint chips.
- When all of your balls are coated in chocolate and decorated with your sprinkles, return them to the refrigerator and allow to harden fully. Serve immediately afterward or even give as gifts!
NotesI decided to make cake pops as gifts last Christmas. I wanted to try my hand at making cake pops, or balls, as I have never done so before. At the same time, though, I didn't want to spend more time than was necessary in order to make them. The Internet, of course, had lots to say about no-bake pops, and after a little bit of reading this is how I decided to make mine.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The One Dollar Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Nanci's World Famous Cannoli
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Cinnamon Red Hot PicklesSee More