- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup canned or freshly mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup home made raw cashew milk or macadamia milk (use soy or rice milk to make it nut free)
- 1 fresh or frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or more to taste
- 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Throw all the ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. YUM!
NotesI was dreaming about the heavenly pumpkin pie I enjoyed last Thanksgiving. Not inclined to bake, I turned to my trusty blender for inspiration and decided to create a "pumpkin pie in a glass" smoothie.
This vegan pumpkin pie smoothie does every creamy bite of a self-respecting pumpkin pie justice; and hits the spot for those of needing a wonderful piece of pumpkin pie.
This pumpkin pie smoothie really does taste like a creamy pumpkin pie in a glass. I have chosen to exploit the creamy buttery properties of raw cashew milk and used agave just to heighten the natural sweetness of the pumpkin. You might want to add more sweetener. But I thought it was perfect, and I remained thankful all day long and forgot about what I didn’t have! This pumpkin pie smoothie is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free. If you need to make this smoothie nut free use soy milk or rice milk and it tastes delicious as well. Either way, if you are looking for delicious vegan smoothies this recipe is a winner. Happy Thanksgiving!