- Cooking Time: about 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: depends
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or just us ap if you don’t have whole wheat)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed (as always)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (I used mine from the spice cabinet, and used a little less)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1-15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease + flour 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together the pumpkin, oil, maple syrup, and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients together. Make sure to scrap the bottom of the bowl, finding stray flour to mix in.
- Fold in most of the chopped walnuts, but save some to sprinkle on top before you bake it.
- Divide the dough between the 2 greased pans and sprinkle with remaining walnut pieces. Bake for 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes or until inserting a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes before inverting to a cooling rack! This step is very inportant. Good things come to those who wait….so just be patient - even though I know you just want to dive in and swim around in it.
- It’s just that good.
NotesBest pumpkin bread I have ever had. The word "vegan" throws people off. It just means there are no eggs in the recipe.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
GAES PTO Recipes
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More