- Cooking Time: about 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: depends
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or just us ap if you don’t have whole wheat)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed (as always)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (I used mine from the spice cabinet, and used a little less)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1-15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease + flour 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together the pumpkin, oil, maple syrup, and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients together. Make sure to scrap the bottom of the bowl, finding stray flour to mix in.
- Fold in most of the chopped walnuts, but save some to sprinkle on top before you bake it.
- Divide the dough between the 2 greased pans and sprinkle with remaining walnut pieces. Bake for 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes or until inserting a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes before inverting to a cooling rack! This step is very inportant. Good things come to those who wait….so just be patient - even though I know you just want to dive in and swim around in it.
- It’s just that good.
NotesBest pumpkin bread I have ever had. The word "vegan" throws people off. It just means there are no eggs in the recipe.