VEGAN ROASTED BEETROOT DIP
Vegan Roasted Beetroot Dip
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 2 small bowls
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 cups raw beetroot cut into chunks / when roasted makes about 3 cups
- 1/8 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil or more for desired consistency
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 5 tsp finely chopped serrano chilli (might need less depending on the chilli)
- just over 3/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- just over 3/4 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or more to taste
Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F.
Toss beets in a little bit of cold pressed olive oil and a pinch of Celtic sea salt and bake for about an hour or until tender. Check them periodically to make sure they don't burn.
Throw the beets into the food processor with all the cumin, coriander, salt, half the garlic, and half the chilli. Drizzle in half the olive oil and pulse until well combined.
Add in the rest of the olive oil gradually to reach your desired consistency.
Now taste and adjust the quantities of chilli, garlic and salt. This will depend on the heat of your chilli.
Stir through chopped cilantro and serve with pita breads, ciabatta or chips. YUM!
Unlike a lot of the beetroot dips out there, this one is dairy-free; as well as egg-free, nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free. A perfect allergy-friendly treat to serve up at your next feast. Trust me, give this a spin in your food processor and you will not be disappointed. It is unbelievable!