- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 CUPS WHITE SPELT FLOUR, PLUS MORE FOR DUSTING
- 1 TABLESPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON SALT, PLUS MORE FOR SPRINKLING
- 1/3 CUP COCONUT OIL, PLUS MORE FOR BRUSHING
- 3/4 CUP HOT WATER
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. "Grease" a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- 3. Add spelt four, baking powder and salt to large bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- 4. Add coconut oil and hot water. Stir together with a rubber spatula until fully combined.
- 5. Dust a cutting board with spelt flour.
- 6. Roll the dough onto the cutting board to about 1 inch thick.
- 7. Cut out biscuits with a 3 inch round cookie cutter.
- 8. Place each biscuit on baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
- 9. Brush each biscuit with coconut oil.
- 10. Sprinkle each biscuit with salt.
- 11. Bake biscuits for 8 minutues, rotating the baking sheet at 4 minutes.
- 12. The finished biscuits have a golden flaky crust.
NotesThese are yummilicious! They go great as a complement to any meal. They are super moist and fluffy. This recipe comes from the Babycakes cookbook. It is such a staple in my baking repertoire I felt the need to share it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
The NourishFull Kitchen
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More