Vegan Spelt Biscuits
2 CUPS WHITE SPELT FLOUR, PLUS MORE FOR DUSTING
1 TABLESPOON BAKING POWDER
1 TEASPOON SALT, PLUS MORE FOR SPRINKLING
1/3 CUP COCONUT OIL, PLUS MORE FOR BRUSHING
3/4 CUP HOT WATER
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. "Grease" a baking sheet with coconut oil.
3. Add spelt four, baking powder and salt to large bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
4. Add coconut oil and hot water. Stir together with a rubber spatula until fully combined.
5. Dust a cutting board with spelt flour.
6. Roll the dough onto the cutting board to about 1 inch thick.
7. Cut out biscuits with a 3 inch round cookie cutter.
8. Place each biscuit on baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
9. Brush each biscuit with coconut oil.
10. Sprinkle each biscuit with salt.
11. Bake biscuits for 8 minutues, rotating the baking sheet at 4 minutes.
12. The finished biscuits have a golden flaky crust.
Pairs Well With
These are yummilicious! They go great as a complement to any meal. They are super moist and fluffy. This recipe comes from the Babycakes cookbook. It is such a staple in my baking repertoire I felt the need to share it.