- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6-8 peppers
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 6 or 8 hot chile peppers (any kind will do)
- 3 TBSP chopped crimini mushrooms
- 2 TBSP canned spinach (drained)
- 1 half of a roasted red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced fine
- 3 or 4 TBSP panko bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP vegan "cream cheese" (e.g., Tofutti)
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- To prepare each pepper, slice off the top part and use a small utensil (like a paring knife) to scoop out as much pith and as many seeds as you can.
- Mix all other ingredients until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stuff the chile peppers with the mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers on a cookie sheet lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper for easy cleanup.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until peppers are soft and the filling is steamy.
- Enjoy, but keep a glass of milk and a piece of bread handy!
NotesMy vegan roommate and I came by a windfall of CSA chile peppers and, in order to use them all at once, concocted a vegan stuffing and baked them. These peppers were so hot they brought tears to my eyes (and caused me to run for a glass of milk!). Got to love the spicy foods!