- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6-8 peppers
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 6 or 8 hot chile peppers (any kind will do)
- 3 TBSP chopped crimini mushrooms
- 2 TBSP canned spinach (drained)
- 1 half of a roasted red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced fine
- 3 or 4 TBSP panko bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP vegan "cream cheese" (e.g., Tofutti)
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- To prepare each pepper, slice off the top part and use a small utensil (like a paring knife) to scoop out as much pith and as many seeds as you can.
- Mix all other ingredients until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stuff the chile peppers with the mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers on a cookie sheet lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper for easy cleanup.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until peppers are soft and the filling is steamy.
- Enjoy, but keep a glass of milk and a piece of bread handy!
NotesMy vegan roommate and I came by a windfall of CSA chile peppers and, in order to use them all at once, concocted a vegan stuffing and baked them. These peppers were so hot they brought tears to my eyes (and caused me to run for a glass of milk!). Got to love the spicy foods!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More