- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstorynever liked sweet potatoes when I was a kid. They were the gross orange stuff that no one wanted at holiday gatherings.
Then I discovered that sweet potatoes are really nutritious and all dishes with marshmallows are CRIMES against humanity...
I came up with this dish for a Thanksgiving in May dinner. It was a hit!
- 12 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 2 cup raw pecans
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 12 cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Wash the potatoes keeping the skins on. Shove a clove in each potato and bake for 30-minutes or until soft. Take out of oven and remove the cloves.
- Finely chop most of the pecans (leaving a few for garnish) and set aside.
- In a food processor put half the sweet potatoes in with skins on and blend until fine. Take the skin off the last half and blend them.
- Put the entire batch into a bowl. Add margarine, rice milk, spices and finely chopped pecans. Stir. If it needs more margarine or rice milk - do it.
- Put in a casserole dish. Garnish with pecans. Serve immediately or heat up in oven later