- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 2 cup raw pecans
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 12 cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Wash the potatoes keeping the skins on. Shove a clove in each potato and bake for 30-minutes or until soft. Take out of oven and remove the cloves.
- Finely chop most of the pecans (leaving a few for garnish) and set aside.
- In a food processor put half the sweet potatoes in with skins on and blend until fine. Take the skin off the last half and blend them.
- Put the entire batch into a bowl. Add margarine, rice milk, spices and finely chopped pecans. Stir. If it needs more margarine or rice milk - do it.
- Put in a casserole dish. Garnish with pecans. Serve immediately or heat up in oven later
Notesnever liked sweet potatoes when I was a kid. They were the gross orange stuff that no one wanted at holiday gatherings.
Then I discovered that sweet potatoes are really nutritious and all dishes with marshmallows are CRIMES against humanity...
I came up with this dish for a Thanksgiving in May dinner. It was a hit!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More