- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups water (add more if needed)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package dry taco seasoning
- 1 package Sazon seasoning or Bragg's liquid amino acids to taste
- Cook lentils in water until tender (30-45 minutes). Meanwhile, steam saute onions and garlic for a few minutes and add to lentils. When lentils are almost done, add dry taco seasoning mix and Sazon or Bragg's to taste. Serve in place of meat in tacos.
NotesI'm not vegan, but I got this recipe from my mom who is. I LOVE this recipe and actually prefer it now to real taco meat because I don't feel sick afterwards from all the grease like I normally would. It also freezes very well -- my mom usually triples the recipe and freezes 2 containers for later. Oh, did I mention it's super easy, too?
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More