- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI'm not vegan, but I got this recipe from my mom who is. I LOVE this recipe and actually prefer it now to real taco meat because I don't feel sick afterwards from all the grease like I normally would. It also freezes very well -- my mom usually triples the recipe and freezes 2 containers for later. Oh, did I mention it's super easy, too?
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups water (add more if needed)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package dry taco seasoning
- 1 package Sazon seasoning or Bragg's liquid amino acids to taste
- Cook lentils in water until tender (30-45 minutes). Meanwhile, steam saute onions and garlic for a few minutes and add to lentils. When lentils are almost done, add dry taco seasoning mix and Sazon or Bragg's to taste. Serve in place of meat in tacos.