- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 1 packet (12oz/3oogm) package of organic firm silken tofu
- 12oz of fresh raspberries and blueberries in equal quantities
- 5 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp lemon juice or more to taste
- 5 Tbsp filtered water
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- Put berries in a saucepan with the water and sweetener, bring to the boil, and then lower the heat, and simmer until tender and a syrup forms. Cool.
- Put everything in your blender with the berries, and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add in more lemon juice and sweetener to taste if desired.
- Chill in the fridge, and serve topped with more fresh berries and vegan cream.
NotesIt just doesn’t get much easier than this delicious summer pudding or custard.
It can be prepared in less than 10 minutes (and that includes getting the ingredients out of your fridge), and is absolutely delicious. I got this recipe from my friend Alison about 10 years ago, and my snout has paid homage to her fabulous berry custard trough countless times since. This refreshing chilled treat makes a fantastic, simple, last-minute dessert; great after school snack; or guilt free treat on a hot Summer’s day. Either way it is Soy Berry Good! You could substitute any berries you like for this recipe. If you are allergic to soy – fresh young Thai coconut meat and coconut water works really well as a substitute.