- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryAnother treat for my sweet-loving, health-conscious boyfriend. I personally love these truffles because of their sweetness and texture.
- 2 c. Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 c. raw almonds
- 2 1/4 c. raw cacao powder
- 1 c. shredded unsweetened coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 c. cocoa nibs
- 1/2 c. raw agave nectar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. salt
- In a 350 degree oven, toast coconut on a cookie sheet for 7 minutes, stirring with a spatula every minute so that it doesn't burn.
- In a food processor, blend the dates and almonds. Add cacao powder and blend until incorporated.
- Move cacao mixture into a bowl and fold in remaining ingredients.
- Roll truffle dough into Tablespoon-sized balls, coat in extra toasted coconut and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place truffles in the fridge or freezer to harden (about an hour) before packing or serving.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More