- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 c. Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 c. raw almonds
- 2 1/4 c. raw cacao powder
- 1 c. shredded unsweetened coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 c. cocoa nibs
- 1/2 c. raw agave nectar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. salt
- In a 350 degree oven, toast coconut on a cookie sheet for 7 minutes, stirring with a spatula every minute so that it doesn't burn.
- In a food processor, blend the dates and almonds. Add cacao powder and blend until incorporated.
- Move cacao mixture into a bowl and fold in remaining ingredients.
- Roll truffle dough into Tablespoon-sized balls, coat in extra toasted coconut and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place truffles in the fridge or freezer to harden (about an hour) before packing or serving.
NotesAnother treat for my sweet-loving, health-conscious boyfriend. I personally love these truffles because of their sweetness and texture.