- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp (divided) Gruyere cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- a pat of butter, or some cooking spray
- If baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together. Stir in 1/2 cup gruyere, basil, milk and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat with a pat of butter or some cooking spray.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms with a pinch of salt and cook until tender. Add tomatoes and cook just for about 30 seconds or a minute.
- If making from stovetop to broiler, pour eggs over vegetables in skillet and cook until eggs are almost set but still have some wiggle at the top. If making in the oven, add vegetables to egg mixture. Pour mixture into a greased pie pan and cook about 20 minutes or until almost completely set.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp of gruyere to top of frittata and place under broiler to finish cooking/brown for about 1-2 minutes.
NotesThis is a delicious and healthful frittata that comes together quickly. You can bake it or cook it on the stove top before moving it to the broiler. Any vegetables you have can be thrown on hand. I have calculated the nutritional info at the bottom
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Grilled Pepper Poppers
Easy Walnut Chocolate Rum Balls
blessing mixSee More