- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 qts water
- large beef bone cut into quarters
- 2 whole carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- salt and black pepper
- bunch of parsley tied with twine
- 2 lbs beef roast or steak
- 3 cups green beans
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 baby lima beans
- 16 oz ground beef
- 12 oz ground pork
- 3 sliced white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large stock pot, boil beef bones, roast, whole carrots, celery, onion & parsley until liquid is broth and roast is tender. Strain all and return broth to pot. Add chopped carrots, green beans, peas and lima beans. Cut roast into small cubes and add to pot.
- Dampen bread with water and mix with ground beef, ground pork, onion soup mix, eggs and black pepper. Roll into small meatballs and drop into boiling broth. Simmer until meatballs rise to the top. Serve soup over cooked brown rice.
NotesMy mother always made this soup when I was little and it was one of my favorites. It's filling and delicous.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More