- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 pd. ground beef
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 4 cups new potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 15 oz. can peas & carrots
- 2 (15oz. cans) corn
- 2 (15oz. cans) green beans
- 3 (12oz. each) V-8 juice
- 3 (14oz. each) 1-beef,1-chicken and 1 vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can water
- Seasoned salt to taste(he uses Lawry's}
- In an 8 quart pot, brown beef with one cup of onion. Drain. Return to pan and add remaining ingredients. Do not drain veggies. Bring to a boil, uncovered and then simmer for 1 hour. Let sit 1 hour and thicken. Add some more seasoned salt to taste the last 30 minutes of simmer. Do not stir while it is thickening.
- This is my husband's recipe that he has tweaked for over a year, trying to get it like his grandma's. He thinks he finally has it.
NotesThis is my husband's recipe that he has tweaked for over a year, trying to get it like his grandma's. He thinks he finally has it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More