- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 carrots sliced
- 4 celery stalks sliced
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 10 ounces of sharp white cheddar grated
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Seeduction Croutons - optional
- Heat butter in large dutch oven over medium heat until melted. Cook carrot, onion, celery, and broccoli in butter until softened. Stir flour into the vegetable and butter mixture. Gradually stir in the chicken broth and cream. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils; boil 1 minute. Slowly stir in cheese until melted. Top with homemade â€œSeeductionâ€ croutons and serve.
- Seeduction Croutons
- 4 small slices of Whole Foods Seeduction bread
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the bread into bite sized squares.
- Toss with olive olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake until toasted and browned.
- Read more about this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com
NotesI love this soup! When I first made it I felt like the Queen of the Kitchen. The company I worked for had these Panera Bake sales all of the time so I'd purchase a loaf of slightly stale onion focaccia, heat it up in my rinky dink oven, and happily dip hastily torn pieces into my steaming hot bowl of veggie and cheddar goodness. Then, I'd curl up on my cold cream leather couch (also "borrowed" from my mother) pop in some netflixed Gilmore Girls episodes and suddenly life seemed pretty good for living paycheck to paycheck and charging my blonde highlights, and mental health trips to the mall on my "emergency" Visa.
(Based on the recipe originally published in Betty Crockers Easy Entertaining)
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More