- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus cuts and tips, drained
- 1 cup canned, sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large plum tomato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat the eggs with parsley, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a medium, ovenproof, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon olive oil and onions, and cook until lightly browned. Remove onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return to heat. Add remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add eggs and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs begin to set. Sprinkle onions, asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms, and tomato over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the egg is set in the center. Slide the frittata onto a serving dish and cut into quarters.
NotesFabulous frittatas anyone? This breakfast skillet sensation is layered with hearty and nutritious canned asparagus, potatoes and mushrooms, topped with grated Parmesan cheese. Once baked this delicious and healthful dish is the perfect morning start – and a great breakfast or brunch choice on leisurely weekends!
MetroCooking DC 2013
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More