- Cooking Time: 15-25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 pattypan squash, thickly sliced and cut in rectangular-ish pieces
- 1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges (red onions look really nice but white and yellow onions work well too)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (or 1 tomato cut in large chunks)
- 1 pepper, cut into chunks
- GLAZE OPTION #1
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- GLAZE OPTION #2
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1. If using wooded or bamboo skewers, soak 4 skewers in water for 30 mins (this stops them burning.)
- 2. Heat BBQ to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- 3. Choose which glaze option you want to make and mix the glaze ingredients together.
- 4. To assemble, thread veg onto skewers and brush with glaze. Cook for 15-25 mins in the oven or on the barbecue, brushing with any remaining glaze before serving.
NotesVegetable kebabs brighten any BBQ and are super easy to do. We use which ever veggies we have at hand but here's a good colourful veggie mix I like to make with August-September veggies. I included two glaze options you can use- both are good so if you want to try both half the glaze ingredients of each glaze or double the veggies (FYI, you can also use your favourite BBQ sauce to glaze the veggies).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More