- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4-1/2 to 6-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese (low fat)
- 8 oz. fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (mixed into ricotta cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté onions and garlic in small amount of olive oil. To this
- mixture add carrots and zucchini (add zucchini last so it doesn't become overcooked). Mix
- nutmeg into ricotta cheese. Set aside.
- In lightly greased baking pan (9 x 13), spread about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on bottom of
- pan. Arrange a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with more spaghetti sauce,
- making sure to cover the lasagna noodles completely (this is the key to cooking the
- noodles thoroughly).
- Next add layer of ricotta cheese (already mixed with nutmeg). Sprinkle fontina cheese on
- top of ricotta, then top with spaghetti sauce and another layer of noodles.
- Note: Don't be concerned with empty spaces between noodles. The noodles will expand when baked.
- Cover noodles again with spaghetti sauce. Next add a layer of sautéed vegetables, scatter
- mushrooms on top of other vegetables and sprinkle dried
- basil and dried oregano over that. Top with spaghetti sauce and noodles.
- Continue layering until you reach the top of the pan. Top off with fontina cheese and
- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until lightly
- browned and bubbling. Allow to stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serves six, eight or 10
- people, depending on portion size.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Naked Macaron
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More