- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups packed, grated raw potato(about 3 large potatoes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups onion, grated (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or more to taste)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- dash of thyme
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- Drain the potatoes and squeeze dry. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup (or more to taste) grated onion. Pat potato mixture into well oiled 10-inch pie pan and bake at 400 deg. F for 30 minutes. Brush potato crust with oil, reduce oven temperature to 375 deg. F and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until crust is brown. While crust is baking, sauté 1 cup chopped onion and garlic in butter. If you like a lot of onion and garlic, use more. Add broccoli, 1/2 tsp salt, basil, a dash of thyme, and cook covered, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes. Spread half of cheese over baked crust. Top with sautéed vegetables and remaining cheese. Beat together remaining 3 eggs and milk, and pour over vegetable/cheese mixture. Sprinkle paprika on top. Bake at 375 deg. F for 35 to 40 minutes until custard is set.
- This recipe can be made in two stages: you can make the crust in advance and then can make the vegetable topping and bake it later. An electric grater is a real time-saver for the crust ingredients.
NotesThis has been a favorite around my house for years.
This recipe can be made in two stages: you can make the crust in advance and then can make the vegetable topping and bake it later. An electric grater is a real time-saver for the crust ingredients.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More