- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Good olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, cut in half and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium round potatoes, unpeeled
- 3/4 pound zucchini
- 1 1/4 pounds medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs
- 2 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking dish with olive oil. In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Slice the potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in 1/4-inch thick slices. Layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, fitting them tightly, making only 1 layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and thyme sprigs and drizzle with 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Uncover the dish, remove the thyme sprigs, sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake for another 30 minutes until browned. Serve warm.
NotesThis is a recipe from Ina Garten. It's simple and utilizes all the abundant tomatoes & zucchini available this time of year. I made it tonight to serve with a roast chicken. DELICIOUS!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More