- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For each serving:
- 1 square of heavy-suty aluminum foil, about 1 foot (or more) long.
- 1 large or 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in half, then lengthwise in quarters.
- 1/4 of med size onion, cut in half.
- Several strips of green pepper.
- 1 Tbl. butter or margerine.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Heat oven on 425F. In center of each square of foil, mound potatoes, topped with carrots, onions and green pepper. Place pat of butter on top, and sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper. Bring up long sides of foil and fold over to seal, then fold in ends to make a closed packet. Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake at least an hour. If they go a little longer, the vegetables will just carmelize a bit more and be even yummier! Serve with meat of choice for a complete meal. If you are grilling, these can be easily cooked on the grill top.
NotesThis is a simple and delicious way to solve the "what-to-have" dilemma. Roasting this combination of root vegetables results in great flavor and little clean-up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More