- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis weeknight wonder is packed with plenty of iron, protein and vitamin-rich veggies.Top with crunchy croutons and plenty of grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Per serving (about 23oz/656g-wt.): 280 calories (100 from fat), 12g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 36g total carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 8g protein
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly
- 1 (32-ounce) box 365 Organic Everyday Value™ Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups packed chopped kale
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can 365 Organic Everyday Value™ Italian-Style Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can 365 Everyday Value™ Sliced Carrots, drained; or two large carrots, peeled and sliced
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add broth, kale and tomatoes (and fresh carrots, if using) and cover; cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender. Add beans and canned carrots; heat thoroughly. Serve hot.