VEGETARIAN BROWN RICE CASSEROLE
Vegetarian Brown Rice Casserole
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 7
- 1 can (19 oz) ready-to-serve lentil soup
- 1 package (about 9 oz) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 can (7.75 oz) unsalted mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 large or 2 small canned roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Combine soup, rice, mixed vegetables, peppers and 6 tablespoons of the cheddar cheese in a 2-quart, microwave-safe casserole or baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and level the top of the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
Cover and cook in a microwave oven at full power until heated through and the cheese on top melts, about 5 minutes.
Uncover and cool for 1 minute before serving.