- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 12 oz. package of veggie soy-product 'crumbles' (need not be defrosted)
- 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of chili powder (to taste)
- 1 21 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed of liquid
- 1/2 cup of a quality red table wine (Merlot is good too, but red wine is best)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt the shortening in a large soup pot; add the next 3 ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to 'marry'.
- Serve with shredded Cheddar cheese.
NotesI honestly do not know where I got this recipe, but I make it often in winter. It is easy to make and tastes better the next day.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More