- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 12 oz. package of veggie soy-product 'crumbles' (need not be defrosted)
- 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of chili powder (to taste)
- 1 21 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed of liquid
- 1/2 cup of a quality red table wine (Merlot is good too, but red wine is best)
- shredded cheddar cheese
Melt the shortening in a large soup pot; add the next 3 ingredients.
Add the remaining ingredients; stir.
Simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to 'marry'.
Serve with shredded Cheddar cheese.
I honestly do not know where I got this recipe, but I make it often in winter. It is easy to make and tastes better the next day.
No Reviews at this time.