- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10-15
- 2 Tbsp Olive or vegetable oil
- 1 med yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 cup pale beer or vegetable stock/broth
- 1-32oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-14oz can black beans
- 1-14oz can dark red kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cayenne hot pepper sauce, several drops
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt
- 1 cup vegetarian refried beans (spicy if you like)
- Toppings: shredded Monterey Jack or smoked cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, chips - whatever you prefer!
- Over moderate heat, add oil to a deep pot and add onion, peppers and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes to soften vegetables. Deglaze pan with beer or broth, add tomatoes, black beans, red kidney beans and stirring to combine.
- Season chili with cumin, chili powder, hot sauce and salt. Thicken chili by stirring in the refried beans. Simmer over low heat 5-10 minutes, then serve with toppings/sides of choice.
NotesThis is a Rachel Ray recipie from years ago. I love it! The first time I made it for Todd, he didn't realize it was vegetarian!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Breads and Pastry 101
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More