- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 6 thick slices French bread
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded low fat Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- Place onions and the broth into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 5-10 seconds or until onions are just chopped.
- Pour mixture into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Pour into bowls and top with bread slices. Cover each serving with 1/4 cup of cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil until cheese melts. Alternately, place bread in a bowl, cover with cheese, and spoon hot soup over the bread.
- Serve immediately.
NotesThis is one of my very favorite soups to share with friends and family!
Note: Use vegan mozzarella cheese like that made by Follow Your Heart to make this soup vegan!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More