- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 6 thick slices French bread
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded low fat Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- Place onions and the broth into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 5-10 seconds or until onions are just chopped.
- Pour mixture into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Pour into bowls and top with bread slices. Cover each serving with 1/4 cup of cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil until cheese melts. Alternately, place bread in a bowl, cover with cheese, and spoon hot soup over the bread.
- Serve immediately.
NotesThis is one of my very favorite soups to share with friends and family!
Note: Use vegan mozzarella cheese like that made by Follow Your Heart to make this soup vegan!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
culinary karmaSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More