- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 210
- 12.5 pounds all purpose potatoes
- 2 pounds butter
- 6 medium or 3 large onions, chopped
- 9 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 6 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1½ cup parsley flakes
- In a large pan cook the potatoes the skin until they are fork tender (depending on the size of the pan you might have to cook the potatoes in two badges.
- When they are cooked remove them from the pan and place them in a large bowl until they are cool enough to handle.
- In a large skillet met 2 sticks of butter over moderately high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. With a slotted spoon remove the onions to a bowl.
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add 2 sticks of butter to a large skillet and stir in half of the potatoes with 4½ teaspoons thyme, 3 teaspoons sea salt and ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper. Cook without stirring or until potatoes begin to brown. Stir and continue cooking the potatoes longer until browned throughout. Place potatoes in a large stainless steel bowl. Repeat the process.
- Add 2 sticks of butter in an other skillet and add bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Return the onions and bell peppers to the skillet. Stir in the evaporated milk, cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle with the parsley flakes and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add onion mixture to the potatoes and mix thoroughly. Place in a 19½ x 12 x 3 inch baking pan
NotesFor the May men's breakfast at our church I was requested to make a potato dish without eggs or meat, since those were taken care of, so after researching several cookbooks I found a recipe for O'Brien Potatoes and I adjusted the recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More