- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 2
- ciabatta bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup baby portobellas, sliced
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Once butter is melted, add mushrooms, tomatoes, and basil. Be sure that your skillet is large to hold all the tomatoes in a single layer. This ensures even cooking throughout the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms are soft and the juices start to release, you can flip them to brown and cook through from the other side.
- When vegetables are cooked through, place both cheeses on top, lower heat, and cover with a lid. When the cheese has melted through, transfer entire contents of the skillet to a plate or cutting board.
- Place your ciabatta rolls on the hot skillet (insides of the rolls down on the heat) for a minute or so to heat the rolls through. Once heated, place the veggies on the roll.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More