- Cooking Time: 45 min - 1 hr
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- Pie Crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese - I prefer cheddar or an Italian cheese mixture
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped, or fresh spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Italian Seasoning (or some combo of Parsley, Thyme, Oregano, Basil, Rosemary, & Sage)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If using broccoli, steam it until tender but too tough to eat. If using spinach, shock it by boiling for 30 secs - 1 min, straining it, separating the clumped leaves, cooling them in a bowl of ice water, and draining in a colander once cooled.
- Sautee onion, garlic, and bell pepper until soft, 5-10 min over medium heat.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk/cream and mayonnaise until well blended. Add the vegetables, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add 1 cup cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared pie crust. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 45 min - 1 hr.
NotesThis is an easy quiche recipe that my mom taught me. I use my own favorite veggies, though you can add whatever ingredients you want to the egg-milk-cheese template. A no-hassle dish that's classy because it has a French name. I hope you enjoy its awesomeness and simplicity!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More