- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 small bag frozen peas
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbls garlic
- 1 Tbls tumeric
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 4 large peppers
- 1 can diced tomato
- Grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan, heat a little oil.
- Cook onions until tender and add chopped tomato.
- Add all seasonings and stir, then add peas.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are just cooked, then fold in rice and beans.
- Continue cooking until all ingredients are heated through, then set aside.
- Wash and hollow out peppers from the top, be sure to remove all seeds.
- Fill each pepper with 1/4 of rice mixture.
- Arrange peppers standing up in a deep casserole.
- Pour canned tomatoes over the top and cook covered in a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and cook until peppers are tender (you can test them with a fork, it should slide into the side of the pepper easily) and cheese is melted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More