- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 cups whole wheat or whole grain bread, coarsely crumbled
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup of raisins (optional)
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 acorn squash, sliced in half and cored (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute onions, garlic, celery, nuts and seed in olive oil. Cook over low heat until onions are translucent and nuts are browned.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except for the cheese and continue to cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in cheese.
3. Sprinkle with a little cheese and bake at 350 for 20 – 30 minutes OR fill squash halves, sprinkle with cheese, and bake until squash are cooked.