- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups clear vegetable stock
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 small onion, diced
- One 1-inch piece of ginger
- Two 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 pods of star anise
- 2 large bay leaves
- Put stock, soy sauce, garlic, and onion in a large stockpot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, char ginger on all sides over an open gas flame or in a small skillet. Add to the stock.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, star anise, and bay leaves to the broth. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove solids with a slotted spoon or strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Return to pot and keep hot until ready to use in soup.
- Total calories per 1 cup serving: 25
- Fat: <1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Sodium: 386 milligrams
- Fiber: <1 gram
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More