- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups clear vegetable stock
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 small onion, diced
- One 1-inch piece of ginger
- Two 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 pods of star anise
- 2 large bay leaves
- Put stock, soy sauce, garlic, and onion in a large stockpot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, char ginger on all sides over an open gas flame or in a small skillet. Add to the stock.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, star anise, and bay leaves to the broth. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove solids with a slotted spoon or strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Return to pot and keep hot until ready to use in soup.
- Total calories per 1 cup serving: 25
- Fat: <1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Sodium: 386 milligrams
- Fiber: <1 gram
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More